The end of summer can bring along challenging weather. If it’s not sweltering heat, then it’s a summer storm. The name of the game when it comes to staying comfortable in your home is preparation. You need to make sure that you’re prepared for anything that these summer storms might send your way. We want to help you get a head start on this today.
Let’s talk about how to get your AC installation in Orlando, FL, and more prepared for the summer storms ahead. There’s quite a bit you need to know. We’re going to make the information accessible and easy to digest. Let’s chat below.
What You Can Do
Here are a few things you can do to prepare for the summer storms ahead.
Disconnect Your AC
The first thing that you might want to do is disconnect your air conditioning system. If you know that there’s a storm that’s coming through, disconnect the AC unit can help you avoid a home disaster entirely.
Electrical surges that happen due to lightning strikes during the storm can damage your air conditioning system. These problems can have long-term effects. Make sure that you take your safety into consideration and disconnect your air conditioning system entirely.
Turn Off the System
It’s a good idea to turn off your air conditioning system as well. You don’t want your air conditioner triggering and turning on during the middle of a storm. This isn’t the time to run your system.
We’d actually suggest trying to pre-cool your home before the storm. Cool it off by setting your thermostat to a temperature that’s slightly cooler than usual, close your curtains or blinds, and then keep all your doors and windows shut to keep your cold air inside. This can help you stay cool through the storm without actually using your system during the storm.
It’s time to take it back to basics and pull out the board games. Make sure that you’re prepared to spend some time away from your screens.
- Pull Out the Board Games: As we stated above, it’s time to take it back to basics. Take some time to recall your favorite childhood games and then invest in a few if you don’t still have them. Don’t be afraid to get yourself a deck of cards too. Both of these things are enough fun to entertain the entire family.
- Watch Your Favorite Movies: It’s time to bring out your favorite films. This is when we’d suggest taking it back to DVD or Blu-ray, streaming isn’t the way to go during a storm.
- Read: When was the last time you actually had time to get through a book? Now you’ve got the downtime. Bring out some of your favorite novels and even take a trip to a local bookstore before the storm hits to get some new titles in your library.
- Pick a Puzzle: This is the perfect time to get yourself a puzzle, get the whole family together, and get your brains working.
- Sleep: There really isn’t much you can do during a storm. If the thunder doesn’t bother you, this is the perfect time to catch up on some lost hours.